The Life of a Pianist in Training

Friday, January 24, 2020

Piano Lessons - January 22, 2020

I missed the first two lessons of this Spring semester due to sickness...AKA the flu....possibly the worst case of the flu I've ever experienced.  Anyway, so I was two weeks behind, and still not feeling 100% three weeks later, but knew I had to make it to piano since I was already two weeks behind.  Anyway, so I have a lot to catch up on this semester, and it's going to mean a lot more practicing now to catch up, but I was such a ditz in lessons today.  It was hard to get back into the swing of things, and I was feeling tired in my body still being in recovery mode.  Anyway, so my teacher told me to fix something five lines in my music, and I kept asking her "where, where do you mean?"....She would promptly say 5 lines down, and then I was all confused and couldn't find where she was at, and then she took the music and counted very sarcastically the staff lines....1, 2, 3, 4, 5!....5 lines down!  LOL....I cracked up laughing and realized how ditzy I was.  My response was "oh, I can count, I guess the flu burnt a few of my brain cells that have to regenerate."  I think I was so tired I was half asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment